Subject: Formated minutes of 2008-02-21 telcon

Resending, as I did not get it back the 1st time or see it in the
achive. Apologies if you get it twice.

-Anish
--

Title: SCA-BPEL - 2008-02-21

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC

Attendees

Present
Charlton Barreto, (Adobe Systems)
Michael Rowley, (BEA Systems, Inc.)
Mike Edwards, (IBM)
Dieter Koenig, (IBM)
Martin Chapman, (Oracle Corporation)
Khanderao Kand, (Oracle Corporation)
Anish Karmarkar, (Oracle Corporation)
Ashok Malhotra, (Oracle Corporation)
Sanjay Patil, (SAP AG*)
Ivana Trickovic, (SAP AG*)
Najeeb Andrabi, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Chair
Sanjay Patil
Scribe
Ashok Malhotra
Agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200802/msg00017.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  Agenda bashing
[2]  approval of minutes from 14 feb 2008
[3]  Action items
[4]  new issues
[5]  Issues 17 -- side file
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
2008-02-21-1: Rowley to update status of issue 1
2008-02-21-2: MR to raise issue with Assembly TC
2008-02-21-3: MR to propose a partial resolution to the issue using the attribute suggested in earlier action

Resolutions

Minutes

<Mike Edwards>
it was very quiet on the call.....

Scribe: Ashok Malhotra

Agenda bashing

Agenda bashing -- no changes

approval of minutes from 14 feb 2008

No objections to approval of minutes from last week.

Action items

Staging of CD

Leave AI open and Sanjay will follow up with Mary McRae
<Michael Rowley>

AI to define conformance targets -- ongoing

MR: Can someone take an action to update status issue 1

Anish agrees to accept the the AI

Alex, the issues editor is on leave and may not come back

Need to find another issues editor
Sanjay:
Any volunteers for issues editor?

Michael Rowley volunteers to be issues editor if he is excused from taking minutes

Agreed!

MR takes on earlier AI assigned to Anish
Action: Rowley to update status of issue 1

new issues

No new issues

Issues 17 -- side file

Anish recaps the state of play
<Sanjay>
Issue 17 http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-17
TITLE: Allow Component Type side file to override defaults for services and references
SUBMITTED BY: Anish Karmarkar

Discussion on uniqueness of partner-link names

MR: We shd agree that one usecase for creating a side file by hand is to disambiguate the partner-link names
<Mike Edwards>
I'm now howling

MR: We need some way to point from a component service to the partner-link -- I suggest an XPath
Dieter:
That works!
<Mike Edwards>
that sounds better
<Mike Edwards>
XPath only when absolutely necessary
Anish:
We can make XPath optional and if not specified we match the name of the service and the partner-link
<Mike Edwards>
go cap in hand to the Assembly TC

ME: that sounds better

MR: I lean towards a new namespace for the new attribute
<Michael Rowley>
The attribute on the service or reference would either need to be qualified (different from the SCA namespace) or we would need to add this new attribute to the Assembly spec.

ME: I would like it in the SCA namespace. This will change the Assembly spec.

ME: It's just simpler
Sanjay:
We already have a BPEL namespace

ME: That's for a different purpose
<Dieter Koenig>
the bpel namespace is used for attribute that extend bpel - imo, its use should be limited to that
<Michael Rowley>
service/@implementationRef would be used to refer to an implementation dependent mechanism to refer to an implementation's service, if the service name is not sufficient to identify it.
Khanderao requests a private chat with you

MR: We shd not anything that is BPEL specific to the Assembly spec

but I would be OK with adding the above attribute because other implementations, pehaps legacy application would be able to take advantage of it

Sanjay questions the optionality in above proposal. Don't you need to go one way or another?
Dieter:
I would prefer the generic attribute

MR: This would go on the Service element which is a sibling of implementation
<anish>
i imagine that this would be xs:string and the fact that this is xpath would be specified in the bpel spec
Sanjay:
If you want to use this in the generic case perhaps we need a subelement rather than an attribute?
Sanjay:
We are discussing a corner case --- perhsps better to have a proposal to resolve the issue

MR: We are discussing something that the Assembly TC must agree to
Sanjay:
MR volunteers to raise an issue in Assembly TC with proposed solution

MR: Can I send the note to 2 TCs?
Martin:
Best to send separate notes
Action: MR to raise issue with Assembly TC
<charlton>
Hi Ashok, Anish, can you get me on the roll?
<Sanjay>
sure charlton
Action: MR to propose a partial resolution to the issue using the attribute suggested in earlier action
<anish>
agree, it won't happen
Najeeb:
Concerned abt changing names of services/references in BPEL

MR: Argues why you may want to change names
<charlton>
why change names? why not indirection?
<charlton>
don't see the justification for name change
Sanjay:
Please continue discussion of usecases of email.
Sanjay:
Issues 14, 15 16, 18 do not have proposals. Please make proposals for these issues

AOB? No other business.

Meeting adjourned.

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2008-02-21 at 09:47:05 GMT-8

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-BPEL TC...' was assumed

statistics: Schreiber found 87 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 148: charlton: s/chane name/change names/

command-scribe: Line 9: Ashok Malhotra recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

citation-detection-irc1: Line 67: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'TITLE'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 68: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'SUBMITTED BY'

edit-substitute: command on line 148 succeeded, changed line 146 from 'chane name' to 'change names'

edit-delete: Line 148 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]