Subject: Raw Text for TC meeting of 15th April

anish: Agenda -
anish: 1. Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/roster.php

2. Appointment of scribe
Scribe list attached below

3. Agenda bashing

4. Approval of minutes
2010-04-01 minutes http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201004/msg00005.html

5. Testing
a> Proposed changes for TA
i> SBL-TA-2009: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201004/msg00024.html
ii> SBL-TA-2010: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201004/msg00026.html

b> Status of SCA BPEL Runtime used for testing
i> Support for multiReference extension: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201004/msg00018.html
ii> Reference generation - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201004/msg00019.html
iii> Support for wiredByImpl - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201004/msg00025.html
c> Review of tests for
SBL-TA-2002: Test_SBPEL_2002
SBL-TA-2003: Test_SBPEL_2003
SBL-TA-2008: Test_SBPEL_2006
SBL-TA-2009: Test_SBPEL_2008, Test_SBPEL_2009
SBL-TA-2012: Test_SBPEL_2010

d> How to automate negative tests? Should they be moved outside of SBPEL-General folder?

e> Input for writing tests for: SBL-TA-2005, SBL-TA-2007, SBL-TA-2011 and SBL-TA-2011.1

e> Planned schedule -
Mar 18 - Revised specification draft
Mar 18 - Update Test Assertion Document
Apr 18 - Test Case Creation
Apr 29 - Review and finalization of Test Cases
May 6 - Go for 2nd PR

Here is a rough break up of work for creating the test cases. More volunteers are appreciated.
Sanjay - SBL-TA-1001 to SBL-TA-2018
Anish - SBL-TA-3001 to SBL-TA-3026

Discussion on how to run the tests:
Instruction for setting up Tuscany for test case development and testing
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201002/msg00034.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201002/msg00036.html

6. AOB
anish: Agenda: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201004/msg00044.html
anonymous morphed into Sanjay
anish: Chair: Sanjay Patil
anish: Scribe: Mike Edwards
Mike Edwards: Scribe: Mike Edwards
anish: ScribeNick: Mike Edwards
Mike Edwards: Item 3 Agenda Bashing
Mike Edwards: No changes
Mike Edwards: Item 4 Approval of Minutes
Mike Edwards: Minutes of 1st April:
Mike Edwards: 2010-04-01 minutes http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201004/msg00005.html
Mike Edwards: Minutes are accepted without change
Mike Edwards: Item 5 Testing
Mike Edwards: a) Changes to Test Assertions
Mike Edwards: 1) SBL-TA-2009
Mike Edwards: SCA_BPEL_Test_Assertions_16.odt
Mike Edwards: compare the TA with the BPEL specification:
Mike Edwards: sca-bpel-1.1-spec-cd02-rev9.doc
Mike Edwards: Proposed changed TA:
Mike Edwards: (prerequesites =)
Mike Edwards: The partnerLink in the BPEL process:

a)      does not map to a SCA service

b)      does not have a sca-bpel:ignore attribute

c)      does not have the @sca-bpel:multiRefFrom attribute, and

d)      has @initializePartnerRole attribute with a value of no
Mike Edwards: Dieter: does b) have to be sca-bpel:ignore="false"
Mike Edwards: Anish: b) does not have a sca-bpel:ignore="true" attribute
Mike Edwards: Sanjay: Yes
Mike Edwards: Sanjay: The proposed change makes the TA agree with the latest form of the spec
Mike Edwards: Sanjay: So the proposal is now
Mike Edwards: The partnerLink in the BPEL process:

a)      does not map to a SCA service
b) does not have a sca-bpel:ignore="true" attribute
c)      does not have the @sca-bpel:multiRefFrom attribute, and
d)      has @initializePartnerRole attribute with a value of no
Mike Edwards: Sanjay: So how are we handling the changes to the TA document?
Mike Edwards: Martin: It isn't a formal accepted document, so editors can just make changes
Mike Edwards: Sanjay: OK, so let's do that
Mike Edwards: Sanjay: SBL-TA-2010:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201004/msg00026.html
Mike Edwards: Sanjay: Need to make an update to b) as for SBL-TA-2009
Mike Edwards: The partnerLink in the BPEL process:

a)      does not map to a service
b)      does not have a sca-bpel:ignore="true" attribute
c)      does not have the @sca-bpel:multiRefFrom attribute, and
d)      does  not have the @initializePartnerRole attribute
Mike Edwards: (for the prerequisite of this TA)
Mike Edwards: Sanjay: No objections to this proposed change
anish i have to step away for 5 minutes. brb
Mike Edwards: Item 5b Status of SCA BPEL Runtime used for testing
Mike Edwards: Support for multiReference extension: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201004/msg00018.html
Mike Edwards: Mike: This function is not yet implemented in Tuscany as the spec was changing - I will update the runtime to provide the function
Mike Edwards: ii> Reference generation - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201004/msg00019.html
Mike Edwards: Sanjay:0..1 introspection does not work correctly
Mike Edwards: Mike: Yes, I'll have to implement it - we invented a new function to allow for checking of the wired status of a 0..1 reference
Mike Edwards: iii> Support for wiredByImpl - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201004/msg00025.html
Mike Edwards: Sanjay: Is "wiredByImpl" supported in the runtime?
Mike Edwards: Mike: No, it's not implemented in the Tuscany BPEL runtime
Mike Edwards: Mike: Is it mandatory?
Mike Edwards: Anish: Depends on which conformance level you claim
Mike Edwards: Mike: I am not sure that there is any standard way of providing an EPR value to allow a wiredByImpl partnerLink to be initialized
Mike Edwards: - thus no standard testcase can be written
Dieter Koenig: This is a handshake between the SCA runtime (providing the EPR value) and the BPEL runtime (consuming the EPR value) - both must fit together
Mike Edwards: Sanjay: We could do a negative testcase for this - check that an exception is thrown if a wiredByImpl ref is wired
Mike Edwards: Sanjay: I'd like to rearrange the order of the items on the agenda
Mike Edwards: Item d) d> How to automate negative tests? Should they be moved outside of SBPEL-General folder?
Mike Edwards: Mike: You put all the artifacts for a negative test into a separate contribution - like SPEL_3001
anish time check
Mike Edwards: AOB
Mike Edwards: COB

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

Unless stated otherwise above: