Subject: Re: [sca-j] ISSUE-28: Package Name Changes

I'm not very happy with the decision that Mary sent out.  The package prefix she is suggesting seems very cumbersome and contrary to normal Java naming conventions.  We'll all have to get used to saying "org dot oasis underscore open dot sca dot ComponentContext" (etc.).

It's the cumbersome and unconventional new package name prefix that is the main issue from my perspective.  The change from osoa could be argued either way, depending on how much change we make to the details of the APIs.

    Simon

Simon C. Nash, IBM Distinguished Engineer
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
Tel. +44-1962-815156  Fax +44-1962-818999

"Barack, Ron" <ron.barack@sap.com>

28/02/2008 13:41

"Patil, Sanjay" <sanjay.patil@sap.com>, <sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc