Subject: raw minutes from TC call 05/08/08

Simon Nash: Date:  Thursday, 08 May 2008
Time:  01:00pm - 02:00pm ET

Event Description:
US & Canada Toll Free: 866-484-4232
UK Toll Free: 08082348022
Germany Toll Free: 08001825120
International Dial-In Number: +1 702-894-2358
ACCESS CODE:  960335

Chat room:
http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/sca-j-TC

Agenda:

- Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=sca-j
- Appointment of scribe. List attached below
- Agenda bashing
- Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s)
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/28217/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202008-05-01.txt

1. OASIS decision on JAVA-28

Latest email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200805/msg00003.html

2. Accepting new issues:

(Postponed from last week)
NEW ISSUE: Incorrect example in Java Component Implementation Spec v1.00 -Sec 1.2.4
RAISER: C Vamsi
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200804/msg00065.html

3. SCA Java Common Annotations and APIs WD-01 draft review

- What is the current status?
- Possibly review some of the feedback.
Document for review:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/27997/sca-javacaa-1.1-spec-WD-01.doc
Latest email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200804/msg00072.html

4. Open issues discussion:

JAVA-23: Asynchronous Client interface to Synchronous Service not well described in Java Common Annotations & APIs Specification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-23
Latest email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200804/msg00025.html

JAVA-1: Accessing SCA Services from non-SCA component code
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-1
Latest email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200804/msg00018.html
(PPT link at the bottom)

JAVA-25: Callback Simplification
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-25
Proposal from Simon:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/download.php/27733/JAVA-25-Proposal-2.doc
Proposal from Michael R and Jim:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/email/archives/200803/msg00014.html
Latest Email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200804/msg00035.html

5. Adjourn

Rotating scribe list:

Peter Walker Sun Microsystems (1)
Michael Beisiegel IBM (2)
Roberto Chinnici Sun Microsystems (2)
Mike Edwards IBM (2)
Jim Marino BEA Systems, Inc. (2)
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation (2)
Sanjay Patil SAP AG (2)
Pradeep Simha TIBCO Software Inc. (2)
Bryan Aupperle IBM (1)
Peter Peshev SAP AG (2)
Ron Barack SAP AG (3)
Mark Combellack (1)
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation (3)
David Booz IBM (3)
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation (2)

anonymous morphed into anish
michael beisiegel: Scribe: Michael Beisiegel
Mike Edwards: Hello - I am not able to join by phone today
Mike Edwards: I will have to ask for leave of absence
Simon Nash: please address this in writing to the chairs
Simon Nash: with start and end dates
michael beisiegel: topic: agenda bashing
michael beisiegel: no changes
michael beisiegel: topic: approval of minutes
michael beisiegel: only can accept comments today
michael beisiegel: Simon N. ref to 8.3.3 is not correct should be 8.12
michael beisiegel: lost phone
Bryan Aupperle: Note meeting is not quorate.
michael beisiegel: Im back
Vamsi: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200805/msg00010.html
anish lot of noise on the line
anish: issue in JIRA does not mean that the TC has accepted it
michael beisiegel: topic: SCA Java Common Annotations and APIs WD-01 draft review
Vamsi: I am on mute now and we still have noise on the line.
Mark Combellack: I think simoni sreferring to my comments in http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200805/msg00002.html
michael beisiegel: discussion about what is editorial and what needs issues
michael beisiegel: Anish suggests to open batch issue for the editorial ones, so that we can track
michael beisiegel: Dave suggests to do the pure editorials, and leave the 2119's for a 2nd round
michael beisiegel: Simon N suggests to take all the editorial comments that have been made so far and produce a new wd
michael beisiegel: ... action for the editors
anish dave/michael -- we'll have to coordinate this
Dave Booz yes, it will take a few weeks
Mark Combellack: +1 for 03
michael beisiegel: Next working draft should have 03 as version
anish dave/michael -- there are three pieces: mikeE's changes, simon's changes and mark's changes
anish do u want to split it?
anish i think mike's ed changes are probably smaller than the other two
michael beisiegel: Editors to comeback next week with a date by when this work will be done
Dave Booz splitting it up works for me
michael beisiegel: Bryan A suggests to use also pdf for wd as the normative doc
michael beisiegel: s /normative/authoravtive
Dave Booz anish, do you watch the editors mailing list?
Mark Combellack: Is there an editors list?
anish so dave/michael, let me start with mikee's changes and hand it off.
anish , yes i'm subscribed to the list
michael beisiegel: topic: open issues
anish but there is no traffic there
anish we should use it to sync up
Dave Booz ok, i sent you something there a few weeks back, still looking for a response
Dave Booz Mark, yes, i believe you can subscribe to the list without being voted an editor by the TC
Mark Combellack: ok thanks dave
anish sorry about that dave, damn filters
Dave Booz Mark, http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j-editors/
anish michael you are not subscribed to it
anish: the editors' subcommittee is at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j-editors/
michael beisiegel: issue 23
anish: anyone can subscribe to it
anish oh, i see dave already pasted the uri
michael beisiegel: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200804/msg00025.html
anish dave, i'll reply to your email on the editors list.
Dave Booz thx
Mike Edwards1: the JAXWS async methods are for client only
Mike Edwards1: they are of no use to the provider
Mike Edwards1: it requires something very different
Dave Booz: I agree
Mike Edwards1: I am on the call now too - but on mute due to noisy background
Dave Booz: too late for quorum though
Mike Edwards1: the async methods should not be legal for services
Mike Edwards1: only for references
Mike Edwards1: I dont think it is bizarra at all
michael beisiegel: meeting adjourned