OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

sca-j message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Raw minutes for 24 July

Bryan Aupperle, Ph.D.
STSM, WebSphere Enterprise Platform Software Solution Architect

Research Triangle Park,  NC
+1 919-254-7508 (T/L 444-7508)
Internet Address: aupperle@us.ibm.com
[12:55] Simon Nash: - Roll Call
- Appointment of scribe. List attached below
- Agenda bashing
- Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s)

1. Leaves of Absence:

No current LOAs.

2. Review action items:

2008-07-15-1: MikeE to raise an issue to clarify the meaning of section 7.1
2008-07-15-2: Vladimir to produce a proposal for JAVA-2
2008-07-15-3: Anish to initiate schedule discussion in liaison committee and assembly and policy TCs
2008-07-15-4: Chairs to produce schedule for spec completion with help from Anish
2008-07-15-5: Simon to draft new version of callback proposal covering generic model and Java-specific aspects, by August 7
2008-07-15-6: Chairs to request TC-Admin to set up the Java EE integration subcommittee (JEESC)
2008-07-15-7: Chairs to send email to sca-j list asking for members to sign pu to the JEESC
2008-07-15-8: MikeE to propose new wording for section 2.2.3
2008-07-15-9: MikeE to produce worked example of his proposal for JAVA-1, and to show the invocation model

3. Timing of SCA-J calls:

Proposal to exchange call times with Open CSA Liaison Subcommittee

4. Accepting new issues:

JAVA-52 - RequestContext.getCallbackReference() description inadequate

JAVA-53 - what happens if init() throws a runtime exception

5. Open issues discussion:

JAVA-25: Callback Simplification
Discussion limited to just the questions raised in Jim's email which can be found at:

Original email proposal by Simon

JAVA-49: Version requirements for SDO, JAXB and JAX-WS
Proposal in JIRA is not adequete, Simon to send updated words before the call

JAVA-47: Missing description of what the @EagerInit annotation does
Proposal in JIRA

JAVA-1: Accessing SCA Services from non-SCA component code

Ron Barack Proposal
Mike Edwards Proposal
Michael Rowley proposal

6. Adjourn

Rotating scribe list:

Peter Walker Sun Microsystems (1)
Roberto Chinnici Sun Microsystems (2)
Peter Peshev SAP AG (2)
Ron Barack SAP AG (3)
Michael Beisiegel IBM (3)
Jim Marino Individual (3)
Bryan Aupperle IBM (2)
Vamsavardhana Chillakuru IBM (1)
David Booz IBM (4)
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation (4)
Mike Edwards IBM (3)
Sanjay Patil SAP AG (3)
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation (3)
Pradeep Simha TIBCO Software Inc. (3)
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation (3)
[13:04] Bryan Aupperle: Scribe: Bryan Aupperle
[13:04] Bryan Aupperle: Meeting is not yet quorate
[13:05] Bryan Aupperle: No objections to the agenda
[13:05] anish i'm on another call, will join in a few
[13:05] Mark Combellack: ok thanks - that will make us quorate
[13:05] Mark Combellack: when you join us anish
[13:06] anish will try to join as soon as i can
[13:07] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Minutes
[13:07] Bryan Aupperle: Simon says it is not clear which documents will have potential CD drafts ready by 7/31.  We need Anish to clarify this.
[13:08] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Action Items
[13:08] Bryan Aupperle: 2008-07-15-1: In progress
[13:08] Vladimir Savchenko: here is Vladimir Savchenko
[13:08] Vladimir Savchenko: seems i have problems with the micrphone ;(
[13:08] Bryan Aupperle: 2008-07-15-2:
[13:08] Bryan Aupperle: In progress
[13:09] Bryan Aupperle: 2008-07-15-3: Done
[13:09] Bryan Aupperle: 2008-07-15-4: In progress
[13:09] Bryan Aupperle: 2008-07-15-5: In progress
[13:10] Bryan Aupperle: 2008-07-15-6: Simon will do shortly.
[13:10] anish just joined
[13:10] Bryan Aupperle: 2008-07-15-7: In progress
[13:11] Bryan Aupperle: We are now quorate.
[13:11] anish the bindings call got canceled and the open timeslot quickly got filled.
[13:11] Dave Booz hates when that happens
[13:12] Bryan Aupperle: 2008-07-15-8: In progress
[13:12] Bryan Aupperle: 2008-07-15-9: Target next week
[13:13] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Approval of minutes
[13:15] Bryan Aupperle: Anish recalls the agreement was for only a potential CD of the JAA spec. to be published was agreed.  Does not recall about preparing potential drafts of the other specs (but not publishing).
[13:15] Bryan Aupperle: Minutes are approved w/o.
[13:15] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Call timing.
[13:16] Bryan Aupperle: CSA Liaison Subcommittee is willing to swap times.
[13:17] Bryan Aupperle: Proposal from chairs it to do this starting on 4 Aug. (with no call on 31 July).
[13:17] Bryan Aupperle: This would move vote on CD to 11 Aug.
[13:18] anish 8am monday 
[13:18] Bryan Aupperle: Simon moves proposing to CSA Liaison Subcommittee exchanging times starting week beginning 4 Aug.
[13:19] Bryan Aupperle: Mike E. seconds
[13:19] Bryan Aupperle: Motion passes w/o.
[13:20] Bryan Aupperle: Action (Simon) to send note to CSA Liaison Subcommittee with proposal
[13:20] Bryan Aupperle: Topic New issues:
[13:20] Bryan Aupperle: Issue 52: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-52
[13:21] Bryan Aupperle: Anish reviews issue.
[13:22] Bryan Aupperle: Simon: Should this include getCallback method?
[13:22] Mike Edwards: In a way this parallels the new issue I've just raised wrt section 7.1
[13:22] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: Yes.
[13:22] Mike Edwards: in that the description lacks proper precondition statements
[13:23] Bryan Aupperle: Anish moves to accept issue 52 and adding getCallback method as needing to be addressed.
[13:23] Bryan Aupperle: Simon seconds
[13:24] Bryan Aupperle: Motion passes w/o
[13:25] Bryan Aupperle: Issue 53: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-53
[13:25] Bryan Aupperle: Anish reviews issue
[13:26] Bryan Aupperle: Simon: What about destroy as well?
[13:27] Bryan Aupperle: Mark: Also any exceptions on injections.
[13:29] Bryan Aupperle: Mark suggests generalizing issue to SCA Java runtime handling of exceptions thrown by user code.
[13:30] Bryan Aupperle: Simon notes there is a difference between runtime exceptions vs. business exceptions (which MUST be sent back to client code).
[13:33] anish: Java specs do not say what the SCA runtime must do if there is an exception thrown by the user code. This applies to constructors, init methods, service invocations, injections etc
[13:34] Bryan Aupperle: Anish moves to accept issue 53 reworded as above.
[13:34] Bryan Aupperle: Simon seconds
[13:34] Bryan Aupperle: Motion passes w/o
[13:35] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: Open Issues
[13:35] Bryan Aupperle: Issue 25: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-25
[13:36] Bryan Aupperle: Discussion limited to Jim's questions in: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200807/msg00051.html
[13:37] Bryan Aupperle: Mike E. notes Simon's e-mail and Jim's questions deal with conversations which we had temporarily excluded.
[13:37] Bryan Aupperle: Given this and that Jim is not on the call we will defer this issue discussion.
[13:37] Simon Nash: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-j/email/archives/200807/msg00065.html
[13:37] Bryan Aupperle: Issue 49: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-49
[13:38] Bryan Aupperle: Simon's latest proposal immediately above.
[13:39] Bryan Aupperle: Simon review proposal
[13:44] Bryan Aupperle: Simon notes that SDO support is optional.  But if SDO is supported by an implementation then the normative version of SDO is 2.1.
[13:48] Bryan Aupperle: Mike E. suggests we specify a minimal set of supported data bindings and this be one version of SDO and one version of JAX-B.
[13:49] Bryan Aupperle: Simon suggests this is too burdensome and if we specify a minimum set it should be just JAX-B.
[13:50] Mike Edwards: is it just me - I could not hear Simon speaking
[13:50] Simon Nash: mikeE are you there?
[13:51] Bryan Aupperle: A minimum set of just JAX-B is not in the current proposal.
[13:52] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: if we take this direction, what do we say about SDO?
[13:53] Bryan Aupperle: Anish: We could create an optional compliance point for SDO 2.1.  We could even encourage this support.
[13:55] Mark Combellack: Warning: Approx 5 minutes left
[13:58] Bryan Aupperle: Simon will revise proposal based on this discussion.
[14:00] Bryan Aupperle: Action (Simon): revise proposal for issue 25 based on today's discussion.
[14:00] Bryan Aupperle: Topic: AOB
[14:00] Bryan Aupperle: AI 2008-07-15-1: is now Done

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]