Subject: JAVA-129: Proposed resolution

After considering various approaches to fixing the listing
in example 2b, I decided that replacing it by a table would be
the simplest way to present this information.

While going through the effective annotations for the methods
shown in the example, I realised that some of them are not
correct according to the JSR-250 rules.  The problems relate to
the (somewhat counterintuitive) JSR-250 rule that method-level
annotations have the effect of removing class-level annotations
of the same type from all methods of the class.

The attached proposal corrects this and points out the places
where this rule changes the effective annotation.

The attached Word document is intended as a complete replacement
for section 7.3.1.  It is based on the JavaCAA draft that we
adopted to resolve JAVA-104.

   Simon

Issue129Proposal.doc