Subject: Re: [sca-j] ISSUE 122: EJB Binding - Remove references to conversationalfunction - proposal v2 and Call for action

Anish,
Thanks for taking the time to review. I've addressed the editorial comments and will post those updates once we resolve your non-ed comment.

It is legal to remove a stateless session bean, but the effect is not visible to the client. That is, you can successfully invoke a business method after calling remove.

What if we changed the behavior column to one of:
(a) N/A
(b) not-applicable
(c) This is a no-op for stateless session beans.

Or possibly even better:
(d) Remove the first two rows of the table as there is nothing SCA specific to say about the remove() or getPrimaryKey() methods. Further, there are more methods in the EJBObject and EJBLocalObject interfaces which currently aren't mentioned at all in the table, so the table has never been an exhaustive treatment of those interfaces.

I have a slight preference for (c) or (d).

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for Anish Karmarkar ---06/12/2009 02:13:18 AM---Two very minor ed comments: 1) 3rd para in section 1 (whiAnish Karmarkar ---06/12/2009 02:13:18 AM---Two very minor ed comments: 1) 3rd para in section 1 (which has only one sentence) can be merged

Anish Karmarkar <Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com>

David Booz/Poughkeepsie/IBM@IBMUS

sca-j@lists.oasis-open.org

06/12/2009 02:13 AM

Re: [sca-j] ISSUE 122: EJB Binding - Remove references to conversational function - proposal v2 and Call for action

Two very minor ed comments:

1) 3rd para in section 1 (which has only one sentence) can be merged
with the 5th para (right after the bullets). They belong together.
2) s/Stateful session beans are out of scope in this
specification/Stateful session beans are out of scope for this
specification/

One non-ed comment:

1) The table in section 6.1 now says that 'Remove' is a no-op. We don't
have very many RFC 2119 keywords right now. But if this table is a MUST,
then support for stateful session beans can't be an extension point.

-Anish