Subject: [NEW ISSUE] Spring C&I spec: interface of a service when no <sca:service>element is present

Since I haven't seen any response to this email, I'm filing a new issue.

Title: interface of a service when no <sca:service> element is present

Specification: Spring C&I spec

Line 457 of [1] says: "interface.java child element is present with the
@interface attribute set to the fully qualified name of the interface
class introspected from the bean class declared in the @class attribute
of the <bean/> element."

What happens if the class implements multiple interfaces? The
specification leaves it open wrt which interface gets picked. This is
different than the POJO CI spec. It also does not address the case where
the class does not implement any interfaces.

Proposed direction for resolution:

Align this with the POJO CI spec. If the class does not implement any
interfaces then use the fully qualified class name as the value for the
interface.java/@interface attribute. If the class implements multiple
interfaces then introspect multiple sca service, one for each interface
with the appropriate value set of the attribute interface.java/@interface.

-Anish
--

[1]