Subject: Re: [sca-policy] ISSUE-79: Do intents need to be supported if onlyExternal Attachment supported

Folks,

A comment on this.

I believe that Intents are completely independent of the mechanism by which PolicySets get attached.

If the runtime only supports ExternalAttachment, then the Intents get used as part of the XPath expression
for attaching the PolicySets to specific elements in the SCDL.  There are XPath functions described in the
Policy spec for this purpose.  In other words, the PolicySets can be attached to places where they will
satisfy specific intents.

As a result, I would say that this issue should be closed with no action.

Yours,  Mike.

Co Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC.
Phone & FAX: +44-1962-818014    Mobile: +44-7802-467431
Email:  mike_edwards@uk.ibm.com

From: David Booz <booz@us.ibm.com>
To: sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 23/04/2009 21:30

http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/POLICY-79

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093 or 8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for ashok malhotra ---04/23/2009 12:10:43 PM---Resending with corrected subject All the best, Ashokashok malhotra ---04/23/2009 12:10:43 PM---Resending with corrected subject All the best, Ashok

ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>

ashok.malhotra@oracle.com

oasIS Policy <sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org>

04/23/2009 12:10 PM

Re: [sca-policy] NEW ISSUE: Do intents need to be supported if only External Attachment supported