Subject: Re: [sca-policy] ISSUE-110 Suggested wording

We will have to discuss this in the call.  Issue-79 explicitly changed the
MUST to a SHOULD.  The proposal even came from you Ashok.

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-policy/200909/msg00011.html

If what you really want is to go back to a MUST then we need to re-open 79.

Dave Booz
STSM, BPM and SCA Architecture
Poughkeepsie, NY (845)-435-6093  or  8-295-6093
e-mail:booz@us.ibm.com

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>                                                                                                        |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |oasis policy <sca-policy@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                                                                    |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |12/14/2009 08:16 AM                                                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |[sca-policy] ISSUE-110 Suggested wording                                                                                                          |

Dave's suggested wording is:

All intents in the required intent set for an element SHOULD be provided
by the directly provided intents set and the set of policySets that
apply to the element./ /[POL40018 <#POL40018>]

If the combination of implementationType / bindingType / collection of
policySets does not satisfy all of the intents which apply to the
element, the configuration is not valid.

The conformance statement is a SHOULD while the paragraph following it
reads  like a  MUST.  Anish argued  last  week
that intents must be satisfied so it may be better to change the
conformance statement to a MUST.
Also, I suggest that the end of the second paragraph be extended to read
"is not valid and an error MUST be raised".
--
All the best, Ashok