sdd-comment message

Subject: Re: [sdd-comment] VersionRangeType

Jason,
  Why not remove the existing FixName from the schema?  To me, leaving it adds confusion and unnecessary complexity.  If you go with this proposal, can you not declare everything that you could with the existing FixName?  I can not think of a use case that requires this element.

Randy
-----------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Handheld.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jason Losh [Jason.Losh@sas.com]
Sent: 02/18/2008 02:33 PM
To: "sdd-comment@lists.oasis-open.org" <sdd-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [sdd-comment] VersionRangeType

Hello SDD TC,

In the SDD schema posted for review, there is a complex type called VersionRangeType that includes an element called FixName.  FixName in this case is associated with the range and not the MinVersion or MaxVersion elements.  I suggest adding FixName to MinVersion and MaxVersion in addition to leaving FixName associated with the overall range.  By adding FixName to MinVersion and MaxVersion, one can specify a minimum and maximum version that includes fix information specific to MinVersion and MaxVersion, for example, any Windows operating system between Windows 2000 SP1 and Windows Vista SP1.

Regards,
-Jason

_________________
Jason Losh
Software Manager, Installation Technologies
Release Management Division, SAS
Office: (919) 531-4759
Mobile: (919) 607-5709
Email: Jason.Losh@sas.com<mailto:Jason.Losh@sas.com>
http://www.sas.com

SAS ... THE POWER TO KNOW

--
This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
OASIS Solution Deployment Descriptor (SDD) TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
before posting.

Subscribe: sdd-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org