sdo message

Subject: [NEW ISSUE]: Removing References to and Examples using EMOF

The spec repeatedly references EMOF as an metadata serialization mechanism, and there's even an example datagraph with EMOF metadata.

I think this is out of purportion to the importance of EMOF in the use-cases discussed at the F2F, especially when the spec does not talk about or give any examples of using the serialized Type-as-DataObjects as a way to represent metadata.

PROPOSAL

EMOF support should be regarded as a vendor extension rather than a optional complience point.  The difference being, we do not have to specify EMOF behavior at all.

The references to EMOF as an alternative to XSD should remain, but...

The references to EMOF starting around line 3412 should be removed.

The example starting on line 4606 should be removed, or potentially replaced with an example using the XML serialization of the data objects associated with the types.

Other references to EMOF may be removed at the editor's discretion.