sdo message

Subject: Re: [sdo] Groups - Requirements for data graphs without containmentrelationships (Requirements for data graphs without containmentrelationships.doc) uploaded

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering why the TechnicalRoot can't be a generic (one type
definition) which could be used to serialize any graphs that have orphans.
Something like this:

  <xsd:complexType name="TechincalRoot">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:element name="buisinessRoot" type="xsd:anyType" minOccurs="1"
maxOccurs="1" />
      <xsd:element name="orphans" type="xsd:anyType" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded" />
    </xsd:sequence>
  </xsd:complexType>

  <xsd:element name="xmlDataGraph" type="TechnicalRoot"/>

This type could be used to serailize any business model with non
containment refrerences, for example, the Company/Employee/Address example
from the document:

  <xsd:schema xmlns:tns="http://org.example/tns";
targetNamespece="http://org.example/tns";>
    <xsd:complexType name=Company>
      <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="name" type="xsd:string">
        <xsd:element name="employees" maxOcccurs="unbounded"
type="tns:Employee"/>
      </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>

    <xsd:complexType name=Employee>
      <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="name" type="xsd:string">
        <xsd:element name="address" type="xsd:IDREF"/>
      </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>

    <xsd:complexType name=Address>
      <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="street" type="xsd:ID">
      </xsd:sequence>
    </xsd:complexType>
  </xsd:schema>

The example instances from Christophe's document, would then look
something like this:

  <xmlDataGraph>
    <businessRoot xsi:type="tns:Company"
      <name>Company1</name>
      <employees>
        <name>Employee1</name>
        <address>Address1</address>
      </employees>
      <employees>
        <name>Employee2</name>
        <address>Address1</address>
      </employees>
    </businessRoot>
    <orphans xsi:type="tns:Address">
      <street>Address1</street>
    </orphans>
  <xmlDataGraph>

Frank.

das@xcalia.com
04/18/2008 10:18 AM

sdo@lists.oasis-open.org
cc

Subject
[sdo] Groups - Requirements for data graphs without containment
relationships   (Requirements for data graphs without containment
relationships.doc)   uploaded

All,

Here is the document from Xcalia I mentioned during our last
teleconference.

Best Regards,
--Christophe Boutard

 -- Mr. Christophe Boutard

The document named Requirements for data graphs without containment
relationships (Requirements for data graphs without containment
relationships.doc) has been submitted by Mr. Christophe Boutard to the
OASIS Service Data Objects (SDO) TC document repository.

Document Description:

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdo/document.php?document_id=28012

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdo/download.php/28012/Requirements%20for%20data%20graphs%20without%20containment%20relationships.doc

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and
paste

-OASIS Open Administration