sdo message

Subject: Fw: [sdo] List of resolved issues with assignments

For those of you that are writing up issues which require corresponding
Java interfaces or JavaDoc updates, I've created a simple text document
where we can list the changes for now. Once we have the official SDO 3
interfaces ready, some volunteer editor (?) can then add all these changes
to them. The added benefit is that we'll also have a nice summary of all
the API changes in this file.

Please add your required changes to the attached txt file and send it back
to me.

Thanks,
Frank.

----- Forwarded by Frank Budinsky/Toronto/IBM on 11/28/2008 03:51 PM -----

Frank Budinsky/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
11/27/2008 02:19 PM

sdo@lists.oasis-open.org
cc

Subject
Re: [sdo] List of resolved issues with assignments

Hi Guys,

I updated the core and Java versions of the 3.0 specification documents to

include all the 2.1.1 resolved issues. I've uploaded them to the OASIS
documents area:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdo/download.php/30208/sdo-core-3.0-spec-wd02.doc

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sdo/download.php/30207/sdo-java-3.0-spec-wd03.doc

For those of you that haven't written up your issues yet, please use a
copy of these documents to send me your updates (instead of the 2.1.1
version I sent earlier). It will save me a little bit of work when merging

them :-)

Thanks,
Frank

Frank Budinsky/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
11/20/2008 03:45 PM

<sdo@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [sdo] List of resolved issues with assignments

Thanks Ron.

I've attached the latest version of the 2.1.1 doc. As we discussed in
Tuesday's meeting, each company should make their changes (with change
tracking on) and send the modified version back to me. I'll then merge
everybody's changes into the official SDO 3 document.

Thanks,
Frank.

"Barack, Ron" <ron.barack@sap.com>
11/20/2008 05:37 AM

<sdo@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc

Subject
[sdo] List of resolved issues with assignments

Hi,

As agreed in Tuesday's meeting.

Ron

Key

Summary
Assignee

Updated
Due

SDO-1

Removing References to and Examples using EMOF
SAP

01. Feb 08

SDO-2

Can data graphs contain only data objects from a single context?
SAP

18. Feb 08

SDO-5
In many (non-XML oriented ) cases it would be interesting to define SDO
types by JAVA types
SAP

SDO-66

Moving Data Between Contexts
SAP

01. Jul 08

SDO-67

Handling of Namespace in SDO Path
EclipseLink

10. Sep 08

SDO-71

SDOPath handling of '@' character
IBM

10. Sep 08

SDO-82

Name conflicts with anonymous XSD types
IBM

10. Sep 08

SDO-83

Clarification of special "value" property and how to avoid name clashes
IBM

10. Sep 08

SDO-118

Creating wrapper objects for simple types
IBM

10. Sep 08

SDO-119
Extend/ Clarify the definition of Type Compatibility
SAP

SDO-124

SDO Type to XML Schema Algorithm to Handle Relaxed Containment
Requirements
DataDirect

12. Jun 08

SDO-125

Add API indicating Key Properties
EclipseLink

16. Jul 08

SDO-129

Wording of SDO-66 too Java-specific
SAP

28. Apr 08

SDO-133

Refactor chaper 4 in the specification
Oracle

05. Sep 08

SDO-135

SDO path handling for property names with "." characters
Oracle

04. Aug 08

[attachment "Java-SDO-Spec-v2.1.1_Draft_Nov_20.doc" deleted by Frank
Budinsky/Toronto/IBM]

sdoModel.xsd
============

- Add the following:

<xsd:complexType name="DataTypeWrapper" abstract="true"/>

- around line 97, i.e., immediately after:

<xsd:complexType name="DataObject" abstract="true"/>

sdoModel.xml
============

- Add the following:

  <type name="DataTypeWrapper" abstract="true" sdoJava:instanceClass="commonj.sdo.DataTypeWrapper" uri="commonj.sdo"/>

- around line 57, i.e., immediately after:

  <type name="DataObject" abstract="true" sdoJava:instanceClass="commonj.sdo.DataObject" uri="commonj.sdo"/>

TypeHelper.java
===============

- Add the following:

  /**
   * URI of predefined SDO Types and Properties.
   */
  String SDO_URI = "commonj.sdo";

  /**
   * URI of Java-specific SDO Types and Properties.
   */
  String SDO_JAVA_URI = "commonj.sdo/java";

  /**
   * URI of XML-specific SDO Types and Properties.
   */
  String SDO_XML_URI = "commonj.sdo/xml";

- around line 34, i.e., at the top of the interface.

XSDHelper.java
==============

- Add the following:

  /**
   * Returns the Property of a Type defined by the element or attribute with
   *  the specified name and targetNamespace uri.
   * @param type The Property's Type.
   * @param uri The uri of the targetNamespace.
   * @param name The name of the element or attribute.
   * @param isElement is true for elements, false for attributes.
   * @return the requested Property, or null if not found.
   */
  Property getProperty(Type type, String uri, String name, boolean isElement);

  /**
   * Returns an instance Property defined by the element or attribute with
   *  the specified name and targetNamespace uri.
   * @param dataObject The DataObject containing the instance Property.
   * @param uri The uri of the targetNamespace.
   * @param name The name of the element or attribute.
   * @param isElement is true for elements, false for attributes.
   * @return the requested instance Property, or null if not found.
   */
  Property getInstanceProperty(DataObject dataObject, String uri,
                               String name, Boolean isElement);

- around line 101, i.e., right after:

  boolean isXSD(Type type);

More interfaces