Subject: Re: [search-ws] Re: ATOM

> But then the question is why reinvent the wheel for our response syntax?

A friendly word of advice: When we bring this issue to the SRU list, I would
suggest not reffering to this as "reinventing the wheel".  Quite a bit of
thoughtful work and discussion went into the SRU response schema. It was
developed before ATOM, and those folks could have benefitted from looking at
our schema. So maybe they're the ones who reinvented the wheel.

Nevertheless I understand your point and am not necessarily arguing in favor
of making the SRU response schema mandatory. We need to package up this
issue and present it to the SRU implementors for wider discussion, as we
talked about yesterday.