Subject: Re: [search-ws] Scan: another approach

Encoding compound information in queryOption values (e.g.
"&positional=sru.startRecord:1;sru.maximumRecords:10")
is not desirable because it adds complexity. Simplicity is the cardinal
rule IMHO in our search spec.

However it is OK to use dot notation in queryOption names (e.g.
"&positional.startRecord=1&position.maximumRecords=10")

With that idea your complete example could look like:

<http://myserver.com/sru?sru.scan.query=dc.author%20any%20smith&positional.startRecord=1&position.maximumRecords=10>

Above maintains your idea without sacrificing simplicity.

That said what I do not get is why we don't just add a queryType
queryOption so that your example further refined looks like:

<http://myserver.com/sru?queryType=sru.scan&query=dc.author%20any%20smith&positional.startRecord=1&position.maximumRecords=10>

Thoughts?

--
Regards,