Subject: Re: [search-ws] Groups - Teleconference modified

rden@loc.gov wrote:
> The base specification will probably be relatively easy, the hard part will be figuring out how to make Explain represent this abstract model.

This is actually quite easy. The solution is to use UML diagrams to
describe infomodel classes and their relationships and textual
descriptions to describe attributes of classes and any constraints on
them. See regrep-rim-3.0.1-cd3.pdf in following for an example:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/23648/regrep-3.0.1-cd3.zip

I realize some find UML unfamiliar. This can easily be addressed by
adding 3-4 pages of boiler plate description that we can borrow from
other specs.
With that blueprint it is a lot more obvious and familiar.

> OpenSearch
> We hope that the OpenSearch people will work with us on this. It may be that the OpenSearch spec itself will be formalized as an RFC within IETF.  That can occur almost entirely independent of OASIS, and our work would be to write a binding document which for the most part would point to the RFC.  Before the RFC work is done the binding can point to the existing OpenSearch spec.
>
> We want to establish a liaison relationship with OpenSearch people to coordinate this activity. We will email DeWitt Clinton inviting him to participate in a conference call (dedicated to OpenSearch). Farrukh will draft the message.

Done. Awaiting reply.

--
Regards,
Farrukh Najmi