Subject: RE: sru/cql sort

Well, my original complaint about incorporating sort into the query
grammar was about the additional complexity it added to the query.  But,
our work on trying to use the URL template structure has focused my
dissatisfaction.

The problem is that we can't describe how to do a sort separate from how
to do a search, because we've bundled them together, for no particularly
good reason.  The clear objective in every simplification project I've
been on is to decompose complex problems into simpler ones.  We've done
the reverse by bundling search and sort together.  I'd like to see that
decision reversed.

Ralph