Subject: RE: [search-ws] SRU Diagnostics: Annex C

> The idea of instead defining different namespaces for different categories of diagnostics
> is an interesting alternative approach, but it would make interoperability more difficult with earlier versions, wouldn't it?

I don't see why this should be an issue any more than the other changes to SRU 2.0 that hinder backwards interoperability such as the changes to the schema namespaces.

There is no particularly reason why the numbers in a particular namespace have to be contiguous or start at one, so the cql diagnostics could have the same codes just in a different namespace.

Matthew