Subject: RE: [search-ws] queryn: Some further comments

> "The queryN parameter is peculiar to the cql-form queryType"
>
> There is no cql-form queryType. We made it up as a mechanism to signal
> the presence of the form parameters.  That was before we all agreed that
> the queryN parameter is a good idea.  If the queryN parameter is a good
> idea then there is no need for a cql-form queryType.

The queryN parameter is a necessary parameter for cql-form.  But, the q** parms are also necessary for cql-form.  queryN has no value for SRU outside of the cql-form queryType and does not belong in the standard (nor do the q** parms).

> Why are you so insistent that this not be part of the spec?   The reason
> Tony brought this up was his belief that it is important to have a form
> based SRU mode supported by the standard.

No.  Tony needed a mechanism for getting form entered CQL queries from brain-dead clients.  This is strictly about CQL queries broken up into chunks.  There is no general problem with SRU and forms.  To my mind, this is clearly a new queryType and I'm not interested in seeing queryTypes, other than the default queryType of CQL, defined in the standard.

Ralph