Subject: RE: [search-ws] Call Monday, January 10; cql-form options

>  - There has to be EITHER a query parameter or queryType parameter.
We
> recognize searchRetrieve by the presence of EITHER parameter. Everyone
was
> happy with that. (In particular, you Ralph.)

Yep, still happy with that.

> - If there is a query parameter: The value of the query parameter is
the
> query string.

What does that mean?  The value of the query parameter is the value of
the query parameter?  It looks like you are just repeating yourself.

If there is a parameter named "query" present, its meaning is defined by
the queryType.

> The parameter queryType will be included if the query is of
> type other than cql and may be omitted or included for a cql query.

Yes.

> - If there is no query parameter: The queryType parameter MUST occur
and
> there MUST be one or more parameters in the request as specified by
the
> specification for that query type.

Yes.

> - Every query type (other than well-known querie types, e.g. 'cql')
will
> have URI and in  explain you assign it a short name that is to be used
in
> the queryType parameter when accessing that server.

I see no reason why all of that doesn't apply to CQL as well.  Other
than that, yes.

So, what's the cql-form problem we're trying to solve?

Ralph