Subject: RE: Schemas

Robin - I'll be away and out of touch the next two weeks and parts of the
following week (will be here in the office tomorrow) so before I go I want
to be sure our work is moving along.  I sent out revisions of the seven
documents August 4 to correct the problems you cited with the July 28
versions; see
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/search-ws/email/archives/201108
/msg00008.html

We still need an overview document, and aside from that I think the
remaining outstanding issue is the schemas.

Note it the message below I last suggested that we simply declare all schema
references non-normative, and to not include them on the OASIS server.   You
were going to get back to me on that.

The problem is this. OASIS requires a copyright notice within the schema if
it resides on the OASIS server.  These schemas need to be mirrored at LC. It
is fine for all normative links to these to point to OASIS, there still
needs to be copies at LC. The copies at LC would be identical, except we
would want to omit the copyright notice. If OASIS will go along with that -
files in both places but the copies at LC omit the copyright notice - that
will work. Otherwise I would like to see if we can do as I suggested above,
include them at LC only with non-normative references.... Or, if OASIS would
waive the copyright rule for these schema, that would work.

--Ray