security-bindings message

Subject: RE: [Action - Prateek]: Should the Bindings Group select either the HTTP or SOAP protocol bindings?

Prateek,

	I assume question #1 is (1) Do we require BOTH a HTTP binding and a *SOAP*
binding in SAML 1.0?

Here are my observations:

	IMHO, a SAML implementation without a binding is pretty much useless in
terms of interoperability.

	The next point is that SAML is the *ONLY* vehicle which can address web
services security comprehensively. (Pl correct me if I am wrong on this).
Given that SOAP is the defacto for web services (at least in the near term)
SOAP binding is very important for adoption.

	With regards to HTTP, again, SAML offers a lot of features missing in the
current world.

	So, IMHO, HTTP and SOAP binding should be mandatory for SAML. This makes
SAML interoperable and able to work with the two popular "protocols". I
think the SOAP binding would be more flexible and rich in features than HTTP
binding.

	If we decide to do only one binding, I would vote for SOAP binding.

	cheers