security-bindings message

Subject: RE: [Action - Prateek]: Should the Bindings Group select either t he HTTP or SOAP protocol bindings?

You are absolutely right, I am clearly not
drinking enough coffee in the AM.

>>Uh, shouldn't that be
>>
>> (1) Do we require BOTH a HTTP binding and a SOAP binding in SAML 1.0?
>>                                             ^^^^
>> - RL "Bob"

Here is what I intended to say:

One part of the discussions at f2f#4 concerned the following:

(1) Do we require BOTH a HTTP binding and a SOAP binding in SAML 1.0?
RESPOND: Yes/No

(2a) If yes, which binding is going to be Mandatory-to-Implement?
RESPOND: HTTP/SOAP 1.1

(2b) If no, which binding is of interest to you?
RESPOND: HTTP/SOAP 1.1/another proposal

My votes:

(1) No
(2b) SOAP 1.1 with some sanity restrictions concerning the use of
intermediates
(see related message).
SOAP/HTTP would be called out in full detail and would be
mandatory-to-implement.