security-jc message

Subject: RE: [security-jc] Discussion of charter for SSJC

In light of last weeks call, I would again like to open the discussion around the “meat” of a possible charter.  How about the following:

  1. Promote a common vocabulary
  2. Promote the reuse of technical components (schema, identifiers etc.)
  3. Develop a roadmap for OASIS based security standards
  4. Provide guidance and promote 1-2 for new “security related” TC’s

What above is contentious?  What am I missing?

Darran Rolls
MSIM  drolls_waveset@hotmail.com
AIM    drollswaveset
YIM    drolls_waveset
http://www.waveset.com/
drolls@waveset.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Darran Rolls
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 12:39 PM
To: security-jc@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [security-jc] Discussion of charter for SSJC

Folks

Prior to our initial meeting next week, I would like to start a discussion on the *content* for our charter.  Some weeks back we talked around this subject when generating the statement of purpose.  Hal suggested expanding the term “coordinate the efforts of…” to be any part of the following:

1.     Common vocabulary

2.     Reuse of technical components (schemas, identifiers, etc.)

3.     Development of common architectural framework

4.     Characterization of areas of overlap and differentiation of use for different standards

Before we event try and wrap words together to form a possible charter, is there agreement on the scope of our efforts?  IMO we should support 1-4 plus I would add the following:

5.     Provide guidance and consistency for OASIS public relations activities that effect security