security-jc message

Subject: Re: [security-jc] 6/17/2002: Discussion of charter for SSJC

Monica Martin wrote:

> With regards to (3):  Suggest we assist in decreasing overlap between
> security related development work within OASIS (and beyond as
> appropriate) and promote collaboration among the related security
> technical committees.  As for a specific roadmap, perhaps this includes
> an architecture that at least shows the potential relationships,
> dependencies and interfaces between efforts.
>
> With the increased focus within OASIS to increase collaboration outside
> of its membership (liaisions, collaboration, etc), this may at least
> indirectly be a component of our work.  Should be a part of our charter?

Seems reasonable to me. Also I wonder if helping to
publicize OASIS security work should be in our
charter. Right now there is one known opportunity
to promote SAML at the Digital ID world conference.
And I'm speaking at RSA 2002 Paris on CXER use in
XCBF. Maybe our SJC web page could have pointers to
presentation materials developed by OASIS security
TCs and announcements of events where our works
have been promoted.

Phil