security-jc message

Subject: RE: [security-jc] Minutes and web site changes

JC members:

An item on the JC web page has caught the attention of at least one
Board member. In particular, the Board objects to what is said about IPR
under the Charter section.

"IPR: The JC does not anticipate generating specifications or materials
that require IPR declaration from it's members. To the extent that this
JC may produce works that may be effected by IPR, they shall be offered
on a Royalty Free basis."

The JC's work is covered by the OASIS IPR Policy, and TCs and JCs should
not create their own IP policies. The Board requests that this IP
statement be removed from the JC web page.

(While I remember the dicussion, I do not remember that the above was a
formal decision of the JC, and the meeting minutes also do not state it
as a decision. What was the official status of this?)

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
+1 978.667.5115 x206

From: Darran Rolls [mailto:Darran.Rolls@waveset.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 5:52 PM
To: security-jc@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [security-jc] Minutes and web site changes

Folks

The minutes from last weeks meeting are available at [1].  I have made
changes to the web site as dictated by my action items from the meeting
[2].

Please let me know if you see anything that needs to be changed.

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security-jc/minutes/minutes6-13-200
2.html
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security-jc