security-jc message

Subject: [security-jc] workshop/seminar on Security for Web Services

JC:

Another agenda item for next week's meeting: OASIS would like to
organize a seminar/workshop on the topic of security for web services,
probably at the web services conference in Boston the last week of
August. Patrick Gannon and I have discussed this with W3C and have
invited them to participate in the seminar. Krishna Sankar, who is a
member of the OASIS Technical Advisory Board (TAB), will put together a
first draft outline/architecture of the various security pieces; this
will be the basis of the seminar program.

While OASIS staff and the TAB, together with W3C, will be organizing the
seminar, we would certainly expect involvement of the JC and the various
security TCs. We would like to discuss this in the JC meeting on
Wednesday.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations