security-jc message

Subject: [security-jc] PKI Forum to join OASIS

Security JC:

(Sorry I can't be on the call today; I'm on another call right now.)

Yesterday the members of PKI Forum Inc. voted to move their activities
to OASIS, after an agreement from the OASIS Board to form a PKI member
section. This will take effect on 1 November.

On 5-7 November PKI will be holding their quarterly meeting in Dallas.
OASIS staff will be at this meeting to get them acqainted with OASIS and
our process, and I'll be working with them to set up (probably) two TCs,
one for technical and one for marketing.

I suggest that the SJC invite PKI to attend an upcoming SJC meeting in
order to get acquainted. I would also suggest that, if possible, someone
from the SJC be at the Dallas meeting.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations