security-jc message

Subject: [security-jc] TAB Model Activity?

Krishna,

In reviewing the last meeting minutes of the SJC,
I recalled discussion of what might be an important
omission in the minutes, and I would like to see
this captured in the minutes before they are approved.

I believe that you stated an opinion that the SJC
should not pursue either of the three projects proposed
(vocabulary, framework, etc.) as a means of meeting
the goals outlined in the SJC charter. Supporting this
view, I recall your mentioning a TAB project that
already covers one of these SJC proposals.

I believe you called it a Security Model, or perhaps
just a Model of the work of OASIS TCs. I asked if the
SJC would be involved in this work or at least a review
of the work and requested that more information be
provided.

Can you provide some clarity here and perhaps more
information for the minutes? Is there a document or
work plan that the SJC could review? Does the work
in any way involve security?

Phil