security-services-comment message

Subject: Re: [security-services-comment] XASP: Permitting use of Subject Alt Names?

This is yet another reason to define a new BaseID type that carries
the complete certificate.  This was discussed briefly on saml-dev
awhile ago.  I proposed the details of such a change to the OGF
AuthZ-WG but they weren't interested since it meant basically starting
the specification process from scratch, and so it was a matter of
(bad) timing for them.

FWIW, I'd be interested in exploring this further.

Tom Scavo
NCSA