security-services-comment message

Subject: Re: [security-services-comment] Possible Errata for SAML V2.0 Subject Identifier Attributes Profile Version 1.0

On 2/2/21, 12:01 PM, "Christian Franke" <christian.franke@picturepipe.com> wrote:

>    Okay, in the future I will just refrain from reporting errors that I as
>    an implementer find confusing, as it apparently is not appreciated.

If you truly found that confusing, then my apologies, but my comment was not directed at you but at the plausibility of cranking up a heavy errata process to deal with a missing 's'. It was simply a commentary for the archive over whether the error was material/substantial or a typo.

>    I must also admit that I find it somewhat bewildering for any
>    organization to publish specifications for a security protocol and not
>    have an errata process in place that is actually usable.

I would argue that the inability to produce updated cryptographic references without redoing the entire standard constitute a much more egregious problem.

>    Maybe it would be useful to fix this, after all the next error somebody
>    wants to report may not necessarily be in the exceedingly minor category.

I've already reported it.

-- Scott