Subject: RE: Resource sets and resource string semantics

I agree if you don't want attribute authorities to issue assertions
across resource sets, you don't need the functionality of resource sets.
In my original posting which started this thread I wrote:

> It occurs to me that some may feel that this sort of assertion should
> be considered by XACML, rather than SAML. I guess one possible
> resolution is to leave it to XACML.

I think we do need attribute authorities to issue assertions across
sets of resources. I believe that will be an important use for SAML.
I think not handling this in SAML severely and artifically limits the
utility of SAML. I am really having trouble seeing why it should be
excluded, but I know that that not everybody agrees with me.

Nigel.