Subject: Re: Proposed F2F #3 Agenda

A few comments:

At 06:00 PM 6/19/01 -0700, Jeff Hodges wrote:
>Here's my shot at a nominal detailed agenda. Please comment (e.g. need
>more time
>for something, think something else will take less, etc.). There's still some
>nuances to address like whether the conformance folk can/should do a breakout
>session and if we have a separate room to accomodate such. Given our
>discussion
>this morning in the focus group, and the complexities/subtleties of the
>assertion + req/resp stuff I fear discussions of such will use every bit
>of the
>time alloc'd for 'em. [I did this in a bit of a rush, there may be some
>obvious
>brain fade bugs in it; apologies in advance if so]
>
>I'd like to get the agenda nailed down by Wed late evening (or earlier) if
>possible so I can update the web page Thur morning.
>
>thanks,
>
>JeffH
>=====
>
>Monday, 25 June 2001
>--------------------
>
>8:30 -  9:00  Meet and greet; continental breakfast
>9:00 -  9:30  Administrative
>
>                  Call to order
>                  Roll call
>                  Approve minutes of previous meeting
>                  Review and approve agenda

(Note that we won't be able to approve minutes if we don't have quorum...)

>9:30  - 10:15  Subgroup
>
>            [5]   Issues List (Hal Lockhart)
>
>            [10]  Bindings (Prateek Mishra; just information transfer,
>                    a detailed session to discuss issues will occur
>                    later in the meeting)
>
>            [10]  Security & Privacy Considerations (JeffH for now)
>
>            [10]  Sessions (Gil Piltz)
>
>            [10]  PassThru Authentication (? Irving Reid proxy for
>                    Stephen Farrell)

I think these could use 15-20 minutes each, and this could allow for a few
minutes to *collect* (not discuss) issues that haven't already been
captured in the issues list.

>10:15 - 10:30  Break
>
>10:30 - 11:30  Subgroup reports/presentations, cont'd
>
>            [30]  Focus group (Eve?)
>
>                   philosophical differences between assert-00 and core-08

This could maybe be two 10-to-15-minute presentations, one for Phill and
one for me/Dave.  Could show both sides of the coin, and would still leave
a bit of time to *collect* (not discuss) questions.

>11:30 - 12:00  ? [perhaps aforelisted subgroup reports are too short
>time-wise?]
>
>12:00 - 1:15   Lunch
>
>1:15  - 3:00   Assertion + Request/responses discussion
>
>                  "authz dec assertion" + related requests/responses
>
>3:00  - 3:15   Break
>
>3:15  - 4:30   Assertion + Request/responses discussion, cont'd
>
>                  "attribute assertion" + related requests/responses
>
>4:30  - 5:00   Conformance Group reports/presentations, 1st portion (?)

Do we really need two portions?  I would try to get them all in the same slot.

>5:00  - 5:30   Categorizing and ranking of open issues

I'd rather use this time for pushing through more
assertion/request/response discussions.  I think we should allow ourselves
to get through only one of them by the end of the first day, and if we do
it faster, great.

>5:30  - 7:00   Break + travel time to dinner location (likely in Palo Alto)
>
>7:00  - 9:00   Group Dinner

I will post more information on this today.

>  Tuesday, 26 June 2001
>  ---------------------
>
>8:30  - 9:00   Continental breakfast
>
>9:00  - 9:30   Administrative
>
>                  Review of, and tweaks to, the Agenda for this second day
>                  Summary of findings/observations from previous day
>
>9:30  - 10:30  Conformance Group reports/presentations (Bob Griffin)
>
>10:30 - 10:45  Break
>
>10:30 - 12:15   Assertion + Request/responses discussion, cont'd
>
>                   "authn assert"  + related requests/responses
>
>12:15 - 1:30   Lunch
>
>1:30  - 3:00   Overall Request/Response analysis/review, and folding findings
>                  back into assertion + req/resp design.
>
>3:00  - 4:00   Summary, review action items, discuss F2F #4.

I'd like to have a discussion about schedule specifics.  If we've gotten
into a good groove at this meeting, we may be able to map out, with a bit
more accuracy, when each part of the draft will be stable.

         Eve
--
Eve Maler                                             +1 781 442 3190
Sun Microsystems XML Technology Development  eve.maler @ east.sun.com