Subject: RE: XML Signature

Here is a starting point:

(1) Do we need to support all
    three forms of signing? Detached, enveloping and enveloped

(2) Do we need to support all the varied forms of the
<KeyInfo> element?

(3) What is the relationship between a signed response and
the assertions contained within the response? Under what
circumstances should the "super-signature" apply to the embedded
assertions. Similar questions arise for requests.

I had initiated some discussion in the general vicinity of (3)
in
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200106/msg00167.html

- prateek