Subject: [Liberty Alliance]

FYI.  I notice some overlap in membership between the Liberty Alliance
Project and companies whose employees take part in this TC.  The FAQ says,
in part:

Q: What are the objectives of the Liberty Alliance Project?
A: The Alliance has three main objectives. 1) To enable consumers and
businesses to maintain personal information securely. 2) To provide a
universal, open standard for single sign-on with decentralized
authentication and open authorization from multiple providers. 3) To
provide an open standard for network identity spanning all
network-connected devices.

... but there's no mention of SAML specifically that I can see.

 - RL "Bob"

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:14:00 +0100

"In an unprecedented collaboration between some of the world's largest
businesses and industries, representing over a billion customers,
employees and business partners, 33 major companies announced today the
formation of an alliance, code named Liberty Alliance Project
(http://www.projectliberty.org). The alliance will develop and deploy an
open solution for network identity."

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/09-26-2001/0001579753

http://www.projectliberty.org/