Subject: [security-services] Please read BEFORE formal vote at TC call onOctober 16

Colleagues,

I am calling for a formal vote at the
October 16, TC meeting on the following topic:

Which binding should SAML 1.0 call out as mandatory-to-implement?

PLEASE CHOOSE ONE:

(a) HTTP Binding

(recall that the HTTP Binding in bindings-05 document describes
how SAML request/response pairs are to be mapped into HTTP requests and

(b) SOAP/HTTP binding

(by SOAP/HTTP we mean SOAP restricted to the case where it is used with
HTTP as a transport. Bindings-5 also includes an outline for this case)

NOTES:
(1) In reviewing this question, please keep in mind the distinction
between a "binding" and a "profile" as described in bindings-05.

(2) Once we have a selected a "mandatory-to-implement" binding, it
is certainly reasonable that we attempt to include the "other"
binding in SAML 1.0. However, time constraints will not allow
me to guarantee this outcome. In other words, the bindings group
will only commit to fully specifying the mandatory-to-implement
binding because of time and resource constraints.

For further discussion please consult:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200110/msg00060.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-bindings/200110/msg00000.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200110/msg00068.html