OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

security-services message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]


Subject: [security-services] Minutes for Focus Group, Tuesday Nov 06


Agenda - OASIS SSTC Focus Group - Tuesday Nov 6
Dial in info: +1 334 262 0740 #856956


Attendees:
 Joe P
 Carlisle A
 Prateek M
 Chris M
 Scott C
 Jeff B
 Gil P
 Steve A
 Jason R
 Darren P
 Hal L
 Thomas H
 Don F
 Irving R


No Prior Agenda
Items left over from last call
Solicit items
Firm up F2F agenda


- Prateek: 1 issue carried forward: Sec props of assertion handles
    - Says itís now closed

- Prateek: concerning F2F, as bindings doc comes together, wants to
  discuss interrelationship with core
    - Sounds like it needs coverage during F2F

- Don:  How will one do verification of signature, e.g. on attrib
  assertion
    - Prateek:  why is this an interop question?  Why do we care?
    - Why go back to authority at all?  Dig Signed doc, just need root
      cert
    - Don:  donít have that
    - Hal:  have to start with something, or you couldnít trust
authority
      either
    - Gil:  XKMS can solve this
    - RLBob:  had similar issues in Shib, opted to leave in realm of PKI

    - Consensus is that this is out of scope


F2F
- Day 1 is Bindings
    - Bindings doc is due out tomorrow
        - Prateek: might slip one day
    - Will also deal with XMLDsig
- Day 2 will start a little late due to XKMS call (All are invited to
XKMS
  call)
    - will cover Core doc
    - reconciliation issues with bindings doc
    - security considerations (1 hr)
    - interop testing
    - Irvingís multiple name identifier issue
        - Joe: thought this was closed (Irving not on call yet)
        - will verify
    - Brief discussion on IPR
        - When published to OASIS, will need documentation on this
        - Not expecting to reach final wording at F2F, but want to get
          good discussion
    - Leaves ~2 hrs for reconciliation
        - Prateek: that sounds sufficient
- Final agenda will go out today
- F2F will start at 9 on Tue and 9:30 on Wed
    - XKMS call starts at 8 on Wed
- Expected outcome from F2F is a something very close to draft spec
    - Intent is to release it out of committee 1 Mar
    - Prateek:  thinks we can achieve that
        - Remaining tasks involve wording, normative vs. example text


Scott: Minor issue from shib call
- Had issue where an attrib authority is collecting attribs from many
  different sources, and one is not available during a given call
    - What to do?
    - Shib decided not to specify behavior
- In SAML, what is intention of completeness specifier
    - RLBob: recalls that this was, in fact, intended to address problem

      where attrib authority cannot return all attrs for whatever
reason,
      security or otherwise
    - Prateek:  agrees, flag tells AA to give any available or to fail
if
      all canít be returned
    - Scott: sounds like language in spec is too strict
    - Irving: do you send back a success code with no assertions or a
      failure code?  text not clear
    - RLBob:  seems to be great uncertainty,
    - Scott:  suggests this get raised at F2F

Scott: another fault code idea from SOAP
- Suggestion to revise dot codes and replace with nested XML
- Will forward to list


Adjourned

--
Steve Anderson
OpenNetwork Technologies
sanderson@opennetwork.com
727-561-9500 x241

begin:vcard 
n:Anderson;Steve
tel;fax:727-561-0303
tel;work:727-561-9500 x241
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.opennetwork.com
org:OpenNetwork Technologies
version:2.1
email;internet:sanderson@opennetwork.com
title:Product Architect
adr;quoted-printable:;;13577 Feather Sound Drive=0D=0ASuite 330;Clearwater;Florida;33762;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-15216
fn:Steve Anderson
end:vcard


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]


Powered by eList eXpress LLC