Subject: RE: [security-services] Action Item A23

Irving says:

> My understanding was that the abstract <Assertion> element in core-19
> existed so that it could be specialized to <SingleAssertion> and
> <MultipleAssertion>. Now that we no longer have the
> distinction, I believe
> we no longer need the <AbstractAssertion> element. I suggest
> we fold its
> contents into Chris' new <Assertion> element and remove
> <AbstractAssertion>.

I'm not sure that's the reason why the element is there now, but I'm all for
removing the element from the specification unless someone has a good reason
for keeping it. My suggestion to rename it to <AbstractAssertion> was
entirely based on the assumption that it existed for a reason; if it doesn't
lets throw it away, and if it does let's rename it to something appropriate
for that reason.

C.