Subject: RE: [security-services] [A20: Prateek] - Need for additionalConfirmationMethod identifie rs

Prateek -
Just to be clear, I assume the <ds:KeyInfo> is related to the Subject and
not to the mechanism that is providing the assertion. I.e., I assume that
the relying party will use <ds:KeyInfo> to challenge the subject to prove
possession of private key.  If this is the case, then there are multiple
ways for the relying party to prove that the subject possesses the private
key. I suggest that we not restrict the method of proof to just "digital
signatures". I suggest that we use the text:

Name: Holder Of Key

Text: An additional proof MUST be provided within
the context of
use of the
assertion. The assertion MUST include a <ds:KeyInfo> element within the
<saml:SubjectConfirmation> element. The relying party MUST
determine the
validity of the proof, possibly utilizing the <ds:KeyInfo>
element, before
processing the assertion.

Thanks,
Jahan