Subject: RE: [security-services] Validation of simple attribute value fails?

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Eve L. Maler wrote:

> At 12:10 AM 12/19/01 -0400, Chris McLaren wrote:
> >
> >My inclination would be to remove the AttributeValue type and set the
> >type of AttributeValue directly to the anyType. This would removes
> >nothing functionally from the AttributeValue and allows us to do the
> >sort of direct xsi:type-ing that I mention in my earlier posts.
>
> I agree with this.  In the earlier thread explaining the "trick", I had
> missed the fact that we don't, yet, define AttributeValue as anyType.

There seemed to be agreement among those who cared about it that this
change should be made, but as far as I can tell core-22 still defines
AttributeValueType as a sequence of any.  So, let this be noted as a
proposed and apparently agreed-on but not yet implemented change to the
doc, and hence an open issue.

 - RL "Bob"