Subject: RE: [security-services] SOAP 1.1 schema namespace processsing

> SOAP 1.1 is a W3C Note, not a W3C standard, of course, so the whole
> thing may be moot.  Martin Gudgin translated SOAP 1.1 to official
Schema
> and posted it to the W3C XMLP (soap) list.  In fact, he went one
better
> and updated the documents at http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/
> and http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/ . Those were the URL's
in
> the SOAP 1.1 spec, and are probably the URL's that SAML should
> reference.  (And if you do an HTTP Get, you'll get the schema's.)

Thanks. I also just found them inside the merge of the initial XMLP
terminology with SOAP 1.1
(http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/1/04/17/xmlp-soap-01.html).

To close, I'd concur with Rich and suggest the SOAP binding reference
this envelope schema (SOAP encoding isn't mentioned or used in SAML) as
the syntax for the SOAP envelope it requires. I would also support at
least a SHOULD, if not a MUST, on the use of the 2001 schema namespaces.