Subject: [security-services] NameIdentifier proposed change (Sun L3 comment)

I was asked to provide a little more information on this item:

---------------------------------
L3. Make NameIdentifier non-empty

NameIdentifier and its type (Section 2.4.2.2) add up to an empty
element.  Given our distaste for attributes in general, it seems
better for NameIdentifier to use element content for its "main"
purpose (e.g., what's currently in its Name attribute).

Here's the way it would look in the instance:

   <NameIdentifier SecurityDomain="example.com">joeuser</NameIdentifier>

Here is the proposed change to the schema:

<complexType name="NameIdentifierType">
   <simpleContent>
     <extension base="string">
       <attribute name="SecurityDomain" type="string"/>
     </extension>
   </simpleContent>
</complexType>

	Eve