Subject: Re: [security-services] Last items for Final Documents

Hal Lockhart wrote:

> Jeff and Joe: should we worry about the usecases document?

You didn't ask me :-), but I don't think it needs to be updated to be
brought into the stylistic fold.  It's a historical document at this
point.  If we ever update the content, we can format it differently.

> Issues DS-14-14, DS-14-15 and DS-14-16 I believe have not been
> addressed. It is my understanding that there is a general agreement to
> defer them, but I cannot find any discussion in the minutes or mailing
> list. Can you confirm this?

DS-14-14 is "ErrMsg in Multiple Languages".  I believe we definitely
deferred this to a future version.  However, note that I listed a
potential auxiliary issue at the bottom, regarding the fact that we
allow multiple occurrences of StatusMessage (see lines 1321-1322 in
core-31).  I no longer believe that this is really all that
underspecified, but it does probably limit our options for allowing
error messages in multiple languages in future; it would suggest that
we'd need to use Option 2 (MessageText elements inside StatusMessage,
with xml:lang on them) in future.  However, it would be a
backwards-incompatible change to start allowing MessageText in SAML V.next.

I'll leave Rob to comment on DS-14-15 ("Version Synchonization").

DS-14-16 is "Version Positive".  I wouldn't sweat this one; we could
defer it indefinitely, or simply close it, and probably not lose anything.

	Eve