Subject: Re: [security-services] Nominations for SSTC co-chair positions arenowopen

Jeff Hodges wrote:

> Nominations for SSTC co-chair positions are now open (the present
> co-chairs are stepping down). As reflected in the minutes of the
> 12-Nov-2002 SSTC concall meeting minutes..
>
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200211/msg00016.html
>
> ..nominations will be accepted on the security-services mailing list
> until Fri 22-Nov-2002.

No other nominations were received by the deadline described above. So Prateek
and Rob are the two candidates for the co-chair position.

WRT the actual election process, the way we did it in May 2001 was to have the
two top vote-getters assume the two co-chair positions (we had 3 or 4 nominated
candidates at the time). We'll have to vote on our actual voting process
tomorrow -- given we have an exact match between the number of candidates and
the number of positions to be filled, I suggest someone motion that the vote be
approached as a call for objections to Prateek and Rob assuming the co-chair
postions.

thanks,

JeffH