Subject: [security-services] List of proposed SAML 1.1 items and status(AI-36-List-of-SAML-1. 1-items-00.txt)

Over the last 6 months, several documents/errata-statements/updates have
been proposed for inclusion in
SAML 1.1. Keeping track of the proposals and their dispositions
has proven to be a challenge, partly because of the fragmentary nature of
the updates and the fact that there are multiple proposers.

I have consolidated a list of items which have been proposed for SAML 1.1.
My intent here is NOT to rule out any further items (some are still being
discussed) but simply to have one place where all of the material that has
been discussed and proposed
TO DATE.

In creating the list, I notice that items 2, 3, 4, and 8 have been  posted
to the list and discussed in some detail but have not been voted upon. I
would propose that we vote upon them at the NEXT conference call (March 18).

- prateek

AI-36: Proposed SAML 1.1 items and status
March 3, 2003

General Template:

[NAME] [Proposed Change or New Text] [STATUS]

1.

NAME: Concrete proposal for changes to fix the fragmentID problem

Proposed Change or New Text:
---------------------------

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200210/msg00026.html

STATUS:

Voted upon and approved.

October 29, conference call

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200210/msg00040.html

2.

NAME:

Proposed DoNotCache Condition - with schema change

Proposed Change or New Text:
---------------------------

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200211/msg00011.html

STATUS: Pending, appears to be ready for vote.

Mentioned in minutes till February 4, 2003.

3.

NAME: Guidelines for using XML Signatures with SAML

Proposed Change or New Text:
---------------------------

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200210/doc00000.doc

STATUS:  Pending, appears to be ready for vote.

Last discussed November 12, 2003

4.

NAME: Suggested text for POST profile signature usage

Proposed Change or New Text
---------------------------
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200212/msg00007.html

STATUS: Pending, appears to be ready for vote.

Last discussed, December 10, 2003.

5.

NAME: Metadata for SAML 1.0 Web Browser Profiles

Proposed Change or New Text
---------------------------
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200302/msg00002.html

STATUS: discussion is on-going, new draft with responses to comments is awaited.

6.

NAME: Errata for the OASIS SAML 1.1 Committee Specifications

Proposed Change or New Text
--------------------------
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200302/msg00046.html

STATUS: discussion is on-going, we need to reach agreement on the various propsoed errata items.

7.

NAME: Extension to web browser profile for "Destination Site First" case

Proposed Change or New Text
---------------------------
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200302/msg00044.html

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200302/msg00056.html

STATUS: discussion is on-going, little comment received to date.

8.

NAME: Recommended changes to core, "Section 4, SAML Versioning"

Proposed Change or New Text
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200302/msg00015.html

STATUS: Voted upon and accepted, Feb 18 conference call

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200302/msg00049.html