Subject: problem with B&P alternative SAML artifact format... Treat this as an ISSUE or Editorial?

The V1.0 B&P spec, Line 941, lists the identifier for the alternative SAML Artifact Format as "urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:draft-sstc-bindings-model-13:profiles:artifact-02".

I am REALLY assuming that this was a simple cut/paste error in the V1.0 spec. The urn should have been "urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.0:profiles:artifact-02" to be consistent with the type 1 artifact profile. The urn shouldn't have had the draft document name embedded in it.

I want to treat this as an editorial change rather than saying the old urn is deprecated in V1.1 and being removed in 2.0.  It seems obvious to me that no one would have really used that urn to refer to the profile.  This urn shouldn't appear anywhere in any code anyway as we're not talking about the confirmation method issue.  This is just the urn we defined to refer to the general profile using the alternate artifact format.

If anyone has an objection to my taking editorial privilege on this item, please speak up ASAP!

Rob Philpott
RSA Security Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security
Tel: 781-515-7115