Subject: Re: [security-services] Just checked the schema files against thespec snippets...

Philpott, Robert wrote:
> I just created text files from all the code snippets and diff'ed them
> against the 1.1 schema files:
>

> Assertion schema differences from the spec snippets:
>
> 1.    The only difference I encountered for the assertion schema was
> that the schema file contains the revision history documentation in the
> top-most annotation. The snippet contains an ellipsis in its place.
> Personally, I think the revision history comments might be quite
> informative to the spec reader and we might want to consider including
> them.  It's only a few lines in each.  Just a thought.

Good idea.  Done.

> Protocol schema differences from the spec snippets:
>
> 1.    Same comment re: the revision history applies.

Done.

> 2.    In the snippet, the XML-DSig spec schemaLocation is just a
> filename.  In the schema, it is the full URL. For -assertion, the full
> URL is used in both the snippets and schema file. I think the spec
> snippet should be updated with the full URL.

Fixed.

> 3.    In the schema file, the document identifier in the annotation has
> "oasis-" prefixed.  The spec snippet does not.  The schema file is
> incorrect in this case and should be changed

Done.  (I just kept the draft-01 number; s'okay?)

> 4.    In the spec snippet for the AuthorizationDecisionQueryType
> definition, the ref="saml:Evidence" element has a maxOccurs attribute
> set to "1".  The 1.1 schema file does NOT have a maxOccurs element.  The
> V1.0 schema DOES have a maxOccurs element set to "1". I don't remember
> whether:
>
> a.    This was intentionally removed from the schema file and the spec
> snippet did not get updated.  I don't understand why this would be done
> since it would default to "1" if not specified. Right?
>
> b.    This was accidentally dropped from the schema file.
>
> c.    Someone meant to change the attribute to "unbounded". I don't
> recall anything about this and I really don't think it should be done.
> Note that the child elements of Evidence permit specifying multiple
> Assertion or AssertionIDReference elements.
>
> Since it will default to "1", it's not a major problem unless we were
> really doing "c".  If so, shouldn't we put it back in the schema file?

I changed the snippet as the path of least resistance; at some point, we
rationalized this to remove the maxOccurs="1"s, and I probably noticed
this one in the schema and fixed without fixing the corresponding snippet.

	Eve
Sun Microsystems                            cell +1 781 354 9441
Web Technologies and Standards               eve.maler @ sun.com