Subject: Re: [security-services] Proposed Charter Update

I don't like the proposed update changes because:

1. The removal of the phrase "the ability to federate identities across such domains" will be used by some to try to argue that identity federation is out of scope.  The reason for claifying the charter to to recognize that SSO across domains is kind of impossible without some form of federation of identities.

2. The addition of "and non-SAML based" in the 3rd bullet greately extends the scope of work saying that the SSTC has, in it's scope, to deal with federation in other security architectures (specifically those that are not based on SAML).    I think this broadens the scope way beyond what is reasonable for the SSTC to effectively handle.

Note that my objection, in no way, means that we shouldn't consider other work that is done  -- just that solutions for such other systems should not be within our scope of work.

Conor