Subject: RE: [security-services] Comment on sstc-saml-glossary-2.0 (also closes AI #0114)

> From a use-case point of view, I think this capability (to request that
>   a new federation not be created if one doesn't already exist) is most
> useful in combination with passive authentication requests

I'd also note, BTW, that you *still* don't need a flag for this. If I set
IsPassive and ask for a persistent ID back, an IdP is free to refuse and
return an error telling me that he needed to prompt the principal for
consent because no identifier exists yet. At which point the SP can decide
what it wants to do.